Skip to main content

5 Books that Changed my Life

 The 5 books that have changed my life


Reading is a transformative experience. Each page turned, each idea absorbed, offers a new perspective, a fresh lens through which to see the world. Over the years, several books have left an indelible mark on my psyche, challenging me to think differently, to grow, and to evolve. Here are the books that, metaphorically speaking, changed my life:


1.“The Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy

    The central idea for this book is that small habits lead to big success, concepts such as consistency is key, the power of choices, momentum, influences and habits, and tracking progress. These ideas made an effect in my life, and the exercises, my favorite, the exercise of visualization.




2. “The Power of the Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy

    Dr Murphy develops in this book the idea that our subconscious has a huge impact in our lives. It made me realize things I have the power to change, and the ones I cannot just to release it to what he calls “Higher Intelligence” I suppose everyone sees it differently, I see it as God. 




He also explains affirmations as scientific prayers, mainly because it is an affirmation of a blessing already received, and well the bible talks about praying as if already received. It has been such a mindset shift.

   

3. "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho 

   This enchanting tale about a shepherd boy named Santiago and his journey to find a hidden treasure is a celebration of dreams and the path of destiny. Coelho's prose reminded me of the importance of listening to one's heart and recognizing the signs the universe places in our path.




4. “Dream it. Pin it. Live it” by Terri Savelle Foy  

   Terri has an amazing view of the way to visualize your dreams Christian faith based, and since I read the book and I applied it to my life, I realized that each one of the things listed started becoming a reality, just by the power of visualization and faith.




5. "Outwitting the Devil" by Napoleon Hill

   Controversial conversation between Napoleon Hill and the devil is the narrative of this sensational book, and the title might be a little overwhelming for some Christians, or other religious faith folks, but the conversation is a mind blowing experience. The devil explains things we humans “fall for it” and causes the devil to win over us. Topics like drifting, definiteness of purpose, the power of independent thought, fear and negativity, school system and education, overcoming the devil. 




  Each of these books has reshaped my worldview, offering nuggets of wisdom, insights, or simply a window into another life or era. While my list is deeply personal, I believe that books hold universal truths. The right book at the right time can indeed change one's life. I encourage everyone to seek out those transformative reads and let them shape, mold, and redefine their perspectives on life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ordinary Woman making Extraordinary tiny steps

An Ordinary Woman making Extraordinary tiny steps. From the Instagram Post on Mindful Tasks Academy I remember sitting in my class on the last semester, and the teacher shared the information about the potential career we can expect ahead, on the board he wrote two columns, the financial advisor and the financial planner option, the next line under each career he wrote the numbers that, potentially, these careers can have in return, on financial advisor he wrote 100k a year, and under financial planner 50k a year, he also explain the reason why financial advisor was potentially higher than financial planner, most kids in the classroom, I said kids because I was a woman in my late 30s and early 40s when I return to a classroom, and the kids were mid 20s or even some early 20s.  Ok, so the kids were very enthusiastic about making 100k a year, at this point I had already put on my vision board 90k a year. My military career had just ended, and I was more towards Financial Planner because

Over Controlling Budget

  Certainly! Over-controlling budgeting, or micromanagement of finances, can be counterproductive in the long run, but there are situations or periods when someone might want to have a tighter grip on their finances. Here are some ideas and considerations about over-controlling budgeting: 1. Detailed Categories: Keep it simple! A general idea is ok, avoid over stressing with perfection or over detail categories. 2. Daily Tracking: I am all for tracking your expenses daily, however you can chose a day of the week to do so, and one day of the month to match with your bank statements (don’t worry you have a year to dispute a transaction, it’s not life or death situation)  3. Cash Envelope System: If you have no control when using debit card or uses credit card often, this idea could be best for you, but it’s not for everyone (like for me, I love me some cash but this system is not for me) 4. Zero-Based Budgeting: This is my favorite and I have used it ALWAYS! Every penny has a name to use

Money: The Uninvited Third Wheel in Relationships

Money: The Third Wheel in Relationships When it comes to romantic relationships, the notion of a 'third wheel' often conjures images of an awkward friend tagging along on a couple's date night. Yet, for many couples, the most persistent third wheel isn't a person—it's money. Money plays a pivotal role in the dynamics of many relationships, and understanding its influence is vital for harmony and growth. The Presence of Money in Relationships Money has a way of silently permeating all aspects of a relationship. From the excitement of the first date (Who pays? Split the bill?) to the complexities of shared expenses in cohabitation or marriage, financial considerations are ever-present. Money decisions can symbolize deeper values, priorities, and desires. Couples must understand each other beliefs, discipline, integrity, and goals about and around money. The relationship a person has with money can affect the byproduct of such. This means, if a person brings debt into