Skip to main content

Ordinary Woman making Extraordinary tiny steps

An Ordinary Woman making Extraordinary tiny steps.

From the Instagram Post on Mindful Tasks Academy




I remember sitting in my class on the last semester, and the teacher shared the information about the potential career we can expect ahead, on the board he wrote two columns, the financial advisor and the financial planner option, the next line under each career he wrote the numbers that, potentially, these careers can have in return, on financial advisor he wrote 100k a year, and under financial planner 50k a year, he also explain the reason why financial advisor was potentially higher than financial planner, most kids in the classroom, I said kids because I was a woman in my late 30s and early 40s when I return to a classroom, and the kids were mid 20s or even some early 20s. 


Ok, so the kids were very enthusiastic about making 100k a year, at this point I had already put on my vision board 90k a year. My military career had just ended, and I was more towards Financial Planner because it seems it was more about sharing information, but still something did not quite fit.


Looking for financial assistance? Get Access to Grant Money that NEVER HAS TO BE PAID BACK!

Late 2022 early 2023 I had a mental breakdown, I left my job at the bank and I started a search for “what is wrong with me?” which led me to hire a Life Coach, the best decision I have ever made, and I had a question asked “if money was not the issue, what would you like to do?” Of course this is in the career option, to which I say “I want to reach the masses in Financial Education” and just like that another search began, and I found that a career as Financial Coach exists.


I started creating a business plan, because of course I am after all, business major, then I started taking courses, and educating myself on this career, and the Mission was born “Empowerment Through Financial Education to Individuals, Families and Couples that lack in resources” why the lack of resources? You might ask, because most people believe that Financial Advisors or Financial Planners are just for the Wealthy, and I am here to tell you it is not! 


Everybody, even me, should look for continuous education and self improvement. The key is to approach every topic, even if you are a master in it, as a beginner. I am currently taking classes in investments, and even though I took them in college, and I did pretty well, and I have done quite -little bit- well on my own investments, I still continue to approach other instructors courses with a beginning mindset, and I have learned so much! This is why I have also created courses, my primary focus is on the root of the personal finances, MINDSET! Which comes from the relationship that has been built around society and government rules, in addition to personal beliefs created at a younger age. I guess that's why I call myself a Financial Coach with a holistic approach. 


Looking for financial assistance? Get Access to Grant Money that NEVER HAS TO BE PAID BACK!

I also continue to improve my skills through education and certifications from different aspects besides the technical stuff of personal finances





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over Controlling Budget

  Certainly! Over-controlling budgeting, or micromanagement of finances, can be counterproductive in the long run, but there are situations or periods when someone might want to have a tighter grip on their finances. Here are some ideas and considerations about over-controlling budgeting: 1. Detailed Categories: Keep it simple! A general idea is ok, avoid over stressing with perfection or over detail categories. 2. Daily Tracking: I am all for tracking your expenses daily, however you can chose a day of the week to do so, and one day of the month to match with your bank statements (don’t worry you have a year to dispute a transaction, it’s not life or death situation)  3. Cash Envelope System: If you have no control when using debit card or uses credit card often, this idea could be best for you, but it’s not for everyone (like for me, I love me some cash but this system is not for me) 4. Zero-Based Budgeting: This is my favorite and I have used it ALWAYS! Every penny has a name to use

Money: The Uninvited Third Wheel in Relationships

Money: The Third Wheel in Relationships When it comes to romantic relationships, the notion of a 'third wheel' often conjures images of an awkward friend tagging along on a couple's date night. Yet, for many couples, the most persistent third wheel isn't a person—it's money. Money plays a pivotal role in the dynamics of many relationships, and understanding its influence is vital for harmony and growth. The Presence of Money in Relationships Money has a way of silently permeating all aspects of a relationship. From the excitement of the first date (Who pays? Split the bill?) to the complexities of shared expenses in cohabitation or marriage, financial considerations are ever-present. Money decisions can symbolize deeper values, priorities, and desires. Couples must understand each other beliefs, discipline, integrity, and goals about and around money. The relationship a person has with money can affect the byproduct of such. This means, if a person brings debt into